A technical sales and distribution firm was strong in overall performance but certain product lines were not receiving the attention of the sales force that were required to meet the aggressive growth targets.
Process to Follow
- Analyze the performance of each member of the sales team for each product line
- Cross reference performance with the salesperson’s technical knowledge and the maturity of their customer base
- Conduct sales training sessions and customer training meetings with subject matter experts to improve:
- Technical and marketing skill of salesperson
- Technical knowledge of customer
- Provide customized training and feedback to key customers in key regions
Results to Expect
Following the start of these efforts, the sales force should be highly engaged in selling the product line(s) in question. Also the working relationship between the sales force and the subject matter experts can become a model for future successes in other situations.