A technical sales and distribution firm was strong in overall performance but certain product lines were not receiving the attention of the sales force that were required to meet the aggressive growth targets.
- Analysis of the performance of sales team was conducted
- Sales performance was cross-referenced with technical knowledge and the customer base
- Focused sales training sessions and customer training meetings were conducted by subject matter experts to improve:
- technical and marketing skill of salesperson
- Technical skill of customer
- Provide customized training and feedback to key customers in key regions
Two years following the start of these efforts, the sales force was highly engaged in selling the product line and the working relationship between sales force and the subject matter expert was a model for the remainder of the division.